Monday, May 10, 2010

LOSING

Election is not just about who wins. It’s also about losing. Looking at the widespread gap between Noynoy and Erap, I know it’s a landslide victory for Noy and his supporters. Honestly, I’ve seen it coming. But it never once crossed my mind casting my vote on him so that Villar wont win the election. I personally think it was pathetic and foolish. I was never convinced by this man knowing the fact that I never heard of his name on the issue of corruption, but I’d rather choose GORDON over NOY. I cant seem to forgive myself voting an idiot whose not even smart enough to carry on a presidential debate to lead the highest position of the government in this country. Im a die hard supporter of G1BO from the very start because I believe in his capacity, integrity and ability to be a firm leader in this country. I didnt know him at first but his gesture and his positive way of campaigning made me stop facebooking the hell out of me and found myself researching more about him... And i know He is the best man for the job, NOT a retard who run just because his parents are known to be heroes in the past!!!

But enough of that, election was over. With a painful 3million votes for G1BO all over the country that one Noy supporter might laugh. Thing is, I know G1BO did not lose the fight because he won the hearts of the youth long before May 10 and Noy cant ever do such. G1BO was successful in this journey because he showed something new in PHILIPPINE POLITICS, he modelled being an excellent student during his academic years, he displayed humility and professionalism during his campaign, and I know he inspired the youth so much in a lot of ways. (The comments on his FB page is overwhelming!) We were defeated by numbers but I was thinking that by not voting wisely, we Filipinos are putting our future at stake. With uneducated people outnumbering the professionals, the popular candidate will surely win even when he is rubbish and downright incompetent. Though, I don’t like even an inch of the newly elected-president, I need to respect the majority’s decision but of course not forgetting that there's still a big piece of 60% who did not vote for him. Knowing the fact that majority of Filipinos are living below poverty line, its given that most of them don’t have the resources to research and im sure just like many of us, they might be busy with some other things not giving a damn to be "critical thinkers" even just for once. I definitely agree with G1BO that there is a POVERTY of the MIND in the Philippines!