Saturday, January 14, 2012

My walk with Niño

One achievable goal that I set for 2012 is to join the procession for Sto. Nño. I realized that after all, Sinulog is because of the feast of our Patron Saint Sto. Niño. Let’s not go into the details coz I don’t want to talk about religion!

My walk. I was with co workers Xela, Maya and J-ann’s beautiful family. I didn’t go home and decided to store some energy by making use of the office’s sleeping lounge. I indeed slept though my feet were freezing cold! But that was a good 3 hour sleep. It should be enough to keep me going. What I like about my experience is the awesome weather! Oh boy, never did the sun shone! And I like like like it!  The crowd was really huge but I know its something normal when it comes to Sinulog. So obviously, we didn’t have the chance to go inside the Basilica anymore. I kept on clutching my bag so tightly so a avoid misfortunate event like getting pick-pocketed to. Its better that way than be sorry. I like it when streets are close and a lot of people just walk around the city. I thanked God we are all safe and there’s no upheavals. What I really don’t like about is the lack of solemnity of the procession. I cant concentrate because of the huge crowd and because of the chit chats. I would want it to be a walk with Sto. Niño. I realized that with a crowd as huge as yesterday’s, being solemn may not come in very handy. Unfortunately, I got no camera so I really don’t have pictures of yesterday. Now, the debate of securing an itouch 4 or a camera resurfaced in my head again!

When we arrived in Colon Maya lead the way and she brought us to Cebu Thrift House. Where I was able to buy 3 books for 98 pesos!! I was thrilled as much as Mommy J-an’s kid who also is delighted with books. I am definitely going back for more!


FIREWORKS. SM held their 4th Pyrofest Competition last night and Im glad it started the very moment we arrived on the spot! Woohoo.. We got the perfect little nook to watch the incredible fireworks display. I love fireworks, Its nothing but “awesomeness” in the night sky!


But really, I wanted to thank the Sto Niño for always protecting Cebu from any calamities. For the warmth of the Cebuano people and for making Cebu a very liveable place for me. I am a true blue Cebuano and Im proud with that. I also am praying for my Family and the last thing I pray would be that Mike is safe wherever he is right now. I just want to know that he is alive and safe that’s all. I hope to hear from him in the next 6 months.

Overall, yesterday was a happy experience!