Sunday, February 13, 2011

To My Future Husband (posted Tuesday, March 17, 2009 at 1:30pm) by Hilary Isaac



I prayed for you this morning.
I have been praying for you for awhile now but stopped
Because I thought I finally met you.
He seemed almost as wonderful as I know you will be
Gentle and loving and caring
He was nearly as adventurous as I know our God made you
For a while his smile was the brightest I'd ever seen
But then I discovered, he simply isn't you.

I have traveled much distance and suffered much pain
I know that if you could, you would have protected me from all this
But our time to meet is not yet now
So in prayers and in faith is where we'll be.
The heartache I went through nearly made me lose my faith
That you might still be out there being fashioned for me
I nearly gave up and thought I could never love again
But He tells me that YOU, yes you are the one.
But our time has not yet come.

I pray for your job, for your health and for your family
I know they are wonderful and loving and funny
That they're nearly as crazy my own crazy family
And how you all love animals and cooking and traveling
And you will take me to an underwater adventure
Just you and me.
I pray for your walk with our God to be strong
To grow ever deeper and for your faith to be stronger
I pray that your life will be a stellar testimony
To reach those I can't and meet those I won't.

I pray that I keep learning and growing in wisdom
That God continue to mold me and change me
That I might become a godly wife to you
One whose heart is strong and loves fiercely,
Whose trust in her husband is anchored on the Almighty.
I pray for a humble spirit that respects and submits
And covers you in prayer and supports you in everything.

Til the day we are brought together
I will cover you in prayer
And continue to walk this path that He has set out for me
That as I journey to my destiny and fulfill His purpose in me
You and I, in our lives, bring God all the glory.