Tuesday, June 15, 2010

work work work

One week and one day at work is FUN. I get my company's drift. I do not have any idea how other bpo companies run their training because I only had an experience with one. My experience though was very far from the current one because we jumped right to client specifics and did not had time to tackle on voice and accent training or communication skills. I always believe that one can practice a skill if he has a better understanding on the matter itself. Because we're not native speakers of English, it is as equally as important not just to practice speaking the language but also, to have an idea why we have differences and difficulties in the second language. And it is by understanding these challenges that we are more conscious on which we could improve on and so that we can speak the language close to how natives speak. It made sense why we need to spend 2 weeks training for voice and accent. I love the class so much because it kind of reminds me of my college classes as well but it makes more sense to me right now because I get to use it for my line of job. The application is right there and I am looking forward to learn more and be fluent with the language.

I also like our trainer, Thirdy. Wow, special mention right there... I know im creepy right but here is his picture,

He looks like that but he speaks differently. By different, i mean to say that his voice doesnt match his face (on that certain picture). haha.. I like him so much because he knows just alot of things plus i cant forget how stern he was during my interview. I was lost with words because he literally was like writing just about everything I said on that day. It scared the hell out of me, and for the first time i was afraid for the longest time.

Anyway, i gotta roll now and i really need to sleep. runny nose kills me!

how'd u like my new page? :D