Friday, September 6, 2013

dreams and reality

Been really busy for these past few months. But hey, I am not complaining. In fact I’m loving it—as of yet.

Recalling my aunt’s reaction on my career change, she was amused by me. Why? Because I took a 360 degree turn from a call center agent to a pre-school teacher. I think that is awesome and she thought of the same too. I am just happy that she is happy for me. But seriously, it wasn’t at all easy. It was a leap of faith I knew I had to take and its one of the few defining moments of my life. Again, it wasn’t easy. But it taught me a lot about faith, courage, and humility, a series of letting go and most especially chasing dreams. In our economy right now, having a day job isn’t that appealing. Pocket-wise? It is plainly ridiculous letting go of a bigger pay check in exchange of a “normal life”. But believe me, it drains my emotions of having to see so little coming back to my pay check. Then again, I would say to myself that this is just a phase. I just wondered how long it will last. But I know I am strong so I gotta be firm now more than ever. Other than the salary, everything is really new to me. And I am keeping a journal about my life as a pre-school teacher (especially it’s my first year). Other than blogging, I am planning on doing a scrapbook about my journey. A scrapbook about how I lived my dream. I just thought it will be awesome!

Aside from all the changes that I wanted to keep a personal record on, I am also looking forward to a year full of chances, opportunities, hopes and wisdom to help me become a better person.

Before I will end this entry, there is one perk about my dream job—the feeling of being loved and adored by my kids is more than enough to keep me afloat (despite of the money problems lol). My student Shem was just so sweet when he came to the door this Friday morning and feeling so excited. He ran to me and gave me flowers!!!! Awww he is the sweetest and one of the precious moments that I wouldn’t trade for anything.